Banking used to be strictly an in-house affair until the introduction of mobile banking. Mobile banking now eliminates the usual numerous bank trips as you can quickly get your banking services done from your phone. While almost all commercial banks have a code, Fidelity bank’s code structure is one of the simplest to understand.
All you need is your phone, account SIM and a few click on your device dial pad to get things done. Many people rely on self-learning to teach themselves USSD banking; however, why learn through trial and error when you can feasibly learn it online. Moreover, you risk making mistakes that could hurt your finances.
In this article, I will take you through all the essential aspects you need to get started with the Fidelity bank transfer code. I’ll also educate you on other basic USSD banking tutorials.
Getting Started With Fidelity Bank’s USSD Banking
As hinted in the introduction, you don’t need a complex process to get started with Fidelity bank code. The much-talked-about Fidelity Bank’s transfer code is *770#, and the code is your key to unlocking numerous banking services effortlessly on your device.
- Some of these mobile banking services include;
- Money Transfer
- Account Opening
- Bill Payment
- Control SMS Alert
- Check account balance
- Updating your BVN
- Block your ATM card in situations of emergency
- Make Withdrawals (Cardless)
- Buying Airtime etc.
These are some banking services you can carry out with the Fidelity banks transfer code. All you need is your phone, the sim you used to open your Fidelity bank account, and maybe airtime on your phone (depending on the service.) You don’t need the internet to use the Fidelity bank USSD code.
Why Use Fidelity Bank USSD Code
You should’ve already picked one or two significant advantages of Fidelity bank’s transfer code in the article. However, I still think this topic warrants a section. Here are some benefits of Fidelity bank’s transfer code.
- Fidelity bank’s transfer code is relatively easy to use. You’re already in the middle of a banking service with just a few simple punches of your phone. For instance, you can reload your airtime by just entering one command line on your phone.
- You can use the code anytime and anywhere if you have the basic requirements and a good network. The service is 24/7, meaning there’s no time restriction at all.
- You can select the one you want in cases where you have multiple accounts. Plus, the whole transaction process isn’t more than 20 seconds to ensure that transactions are quick and concise.
- Lastly, it saves you time and money, like you being able to settle your cable or electricity bill from the comfort of your home.
How to Activate Fidelity Bank Transfer Code
You must activate the fidelity bank USSD code before using it. Follow these steps to activate the code.
- Dial *770# on the phone number connected to your Fidelity Bank Account
- Enter the last four digits of your ATM card number
- Create your 4-digit transaction pin. It’s crucial to create a secure pin that you won’t forget.
- You’ll receive a confirmation message when you’ve concluded the setup, and you cannot start using the code for transactions.
How to Transfer Money With the Fidelity Bank Transfer Code
You can make intra-bank or inter-bank transfers using the Fidelity bank code. There are two ways to make transfers using USSD, the direct and indirect, and I’ll be teaching you the direct method as it is the simplest.
- Go to your phone dial pad and dial *770*Account NO*AMOUNT#. For instance, if you’re transferring #20,000 to 0945638854, you’ll dial *770*0945638854*20000#.
- Select the beneficiary bank name from the bank list on the screen.
- The bank will show you the account name for confirmation. Note that the account name must be correct; hence you risk sending the money to the wrong account.
- Enter your 4-digit to confirm the transaction.
- Note that the bank will deduct the money directly from your bank account. Also, the maximum single transfer limit is 20,000 naira, while the cumulative transfer limit is 100,000 daily. You’ll receive a debit alert upon successful completion of the transfer.
For the Indirect method, simply dial *770# on your phone and select “Instant Banking.” Select “transfer money’ from the next page and carefully follow the prompts to complete your transaction.
How to Recharge Airtime With Fidelity Transfer Code
For Self Recharge, Dial *770*AMOUNT#. For context, if you’re buying airtime worth 2000 naira, you’ll dial *770*2000# and send. You’ll then enter your password to confirm the transaction.
To recharge another number, dial *770*PHONE NUMBER*AMOUNT#. If you want to purchase 2000 naira airtime for 08044666677, you’ll dial *770*08044666677*2000#. You’ll then enter your pin to confirm the transaction.
How to Check Your Balance Using Fidelity Bank Code
Checking your account balance is easy with the Fidelity code. Dial *770*0# on the sim card you used to open your account, and the bank will send your current account balance. The service costs 20 Naira per check.
How to Pay Bills Using Fidelity Bank’s Transfer Code
Bill payments are also possible with the Fidelity bank transfer code. Simply dial *770*CODE*SMART CARD NUMBERAMOUNT# to foot your bills. For instance, if you’re paying a 3,500 GOTV subscription with the smartcard number 1111222233, you’ll dial *770*10994*11112222333500# and send.
Fidelity Bank Code Services Charge Rates
I mentioned that Fidelity charges N20 for balance checks earlier in the article; however, Fidelity will also charge you for other services. Intra-bank transfer costs N50, while inter-bank transfers cost N70. The bank will charge you N105 for any kind of bill payment.
Using Fidelity bank transfer code for transactions is simple when you know the rules. Most of the transactions are irreversible upon completion, so it’s essential to crosscheck before approving them.
The codes will work with all the network service providers in the country and can work on any phone with a dial-pad. Lastly, USSD codes aren’t the only mobile banking form; Fidelity bank has a bank app and an online banking portal. However, navigating these other online banking platforms differs significantly from the Fidelity bank Transfer code.