Maybe you need to revamp your Twitter persona, otherwise you need to keep away from any “that didn’t age nicely” moments. You might delete your complete account and begin contemporary. However you’d lose your entire followers, DMs, and all the pieces you’ve constructed over time.
Whereas Twitter does give us a local choice to delete all Tweets, there are nonetheless methods to take away outdated posts on the platform.
On this tutorial, we’ll present you delete tweets in a bunch of how.
Tips on how to Delete Tweets
Deleting your tweets from the platform could be very easy.
- Open the Twitter app in your telephone or pill or go to Twitter.com in your desktop.
- Navigate to your profile (situated within the left-hand menu on a desktop or faucet the profile icon within the upper-left nook of your smartphone/pill).
- Discover the tweet that you simply need to delete.
- Faucet the downward-facing arrow to the tweet’s proper. Choose Delete (browser) or Delete Tweet (cell/pill app).
That is just about how one can delete any tweet. It’s the solution to go in case you are not lively on Twitter. In different phrases, when you have solely tweeted ten or fewer instances, simply delete these tweets, and you’re good.
Nevertheless, seeing as you’re right here, chances are high that you’ve got many extra tweets to fret about. You may need to delete all tweets earlier than a selected date, you may need to do away with all tweets made in a selected yr, or maybe you need to delete all tweets that include a selected phrase.
Sadly, Twitter doesn’t supply a operate that permits you to customise your tweet deletion. What Twitter gives is as plain because it comes – deleting tweets one after the other – as the unique plan was to have real moments of tweets that may not be edited or deleted. Fortunately, the web gives many options – individuals have give you varied choices that really let you delete your tweets with loads of choices.
Which Service to Use?
There are a number of third-party companies accessible that can assist you mass-delete Tweets. We’ll present you which of them will work finest in your wants in our tutorials under. Some companies let you filter by date, whereas others let you filter by key phrases. Happily, most companies are free, however you do want to permit entry to your Twitter account, so it’s very important that you simply select one which’s reliable.
One of many extra reliable and easy choices is Circleboom. Circleboom is a software program that helps you handle your entire social media accounts, together with Twitter. You may schedule tweets, mass-unfollow accounts, and delete your entire Tweets. Right here’s what to do:
- Open a browser and log into the Twitter account you need to reasonable. Click on on the three-dot icon within the decrease left.
- Click on on Settings & Help.
- Click on Obtain an archive of your knowledge, and comply with the steps to create a file in your laptop.
- Open a second tab and go to the Circleboom web site. Then, click on Get Began. Lastly, click on Twitter Administration.
- Create an account.
- Authorize Circleboom to entry your Twitter account. Then, your dashboard will seem.
- Scroll down and click on Delete your previous Tweets.
- Drop the file you created in step 3.
- Filter the Tweets you’d wish to delete. Then, delete your previous Tweets.
If you happen to desire to delete your latest tweets, do that:
- Log into your Twitter account as we did above. Then, head to your dashboard on Circleboom. Click on Delete Your Outdated Tweets.
- Watch for Circleboom to delete your entire Tweets.
This final choice is far sooner and easier than the primary. Twitter can take as much as 24 hours to ship your archives, so utilizing the Delete Final Tweets choice is far sooner.
One other all-encompassing and simple is tweetdelete.internet. However, you possibly can’t use this one to filter by dates or key phrases.
Nevertheless, to delete tweets inside a selected time interval, you’ll have to go together with a service like tweetdeleter.com. Grant entry to the app to permit it to delete tweets for you.
Most individuals would need to use both of the 2 companies, the previous for ease of use and ease and the latter for extra detailed choices. That is the easiest way to delete tweets in bulk.
Tips on how to Delete All Tweets Earlier than a Sure Date
Now, to delete all tweets earlier than a sure actual date, you’ll have to work with tweetdeleter.com.
- As soon as you’re on the principle TweetDeleter dashboard, one can find the Date part within the left-hand panel.
- Enter the date of the primary tweet you need to have deleted (or any date earlier than that). Enter the date earlier than that to set the vary.
- Navigate to the highest of the web page and click on Choose all tweets, then choose Delete Tweets.
All of your tweets earlier than the set date ought to now be deleted.
Tips on how to Delete All Tweets for a Particular 12 months
For this, additionally, you will be utilizing TweetDeleter. Mainly, you would choose a variety that covers a complete yr.
- Go to the Date part. Within the From area, set the date to January 1st and choose the yr you take note of.
- Set the date to December thirty first of the identical yr within the Until area.
- Click on Choose all tweets, then Delete Tweets.
- Verify deletion.
All of the tweets inside the particular yr that you’ve got chosen ought to now be deleted.
Tips on how to Delete All Tweets with a Sure Phrase
If you wish to delete all tweets that you’ve got ever tweeted or retweeted that include a selected phrase or phrase, you need to use each TweetDeleter and TweetDelete. Right here is delete all tweets that include a selected phrase or phrase.
- Go to tweetdeleter.com. Navigate to the Key phrases part within the upper-left nook of the display screen.
- Kind within the particular phrase or phrase. A sequence of tweets containing your search question will seem in the principle a part of the display screen.
- To delete all tweets containing that phrase/phrase, click on Choose all tweets, then click on Delete Tweets.
- Go to tweetdelete.internet.
- Click on the drop-down menu beneath Age of tweets to delete.
- Choose All my tweets.
- Underneath Solely tweets containing the phrase/phrase, enter the particular phrase or phrase.
- Verify that you’ve got learn the TweetDelete phrases, then Choose Delete my tweets.
Tips on how to Delete All Your Tweets Shortly
You need to use each of the above-mentioned instruments to delete each tweet or retweet that you’ve got ever posted. Nevertheless, that is finest performed utilizing TweetDelete. It permits you to do away with your tweets in lower than a minute.
- Go to tweetdelete.internet.
- Choose All my tweets.
- Verify that you simply agree with their phrases, then choose Delete my tweets.
Sure, it’s as fast and so simple as that.
Tips on how to Delete All Tweets from an iOS System
Sure, deleting tweets from a desktop laptop is unquestionably essentially the most easy solution to do it. Nevertheless, if it’s essential to do it utilizing an iPhone, you’ll have to use an app akin to Tweeticide. There are, after all, different choices, however in order for you an app that can merely delete your entire tweets from the palm of your hand, use Tweeticide.
- Obtain and set up the app from the App Retailer
- Run the app.
- Log in utilizing your Twitter credentials.
- Choose Delete all tweets.
Yep, fast and easy.
Tips on how to Delete All Tweets from an Android System
Sadly, the Tweeticide-like apps for Android aren’t as dependable and intuitive as these talked about above. You might attempt putting in Tweeticide as an APK file, however this can complicate issues. You might additionally obtain any of the apps from the Google Play Retailer that provide the mass-delete choice however beware, most have horrible critiques and require a subscription service.
The easiest way to go is by looking for a tweet deleter app. Any of them ought to have an choice that permits you to choose all of the tweets you’ve ever made and delete them.
TweetDelete and TweetDeleter Choices
Though these two apps are undoubtedly the very best for deleting tweets on a pc, allow us to dive a bit deeper into the choices. Initially, these two are simply accessible from Home windows PCs, Macs, and Chromebooks alike.
Secondly, we’ve got talked about a variety of totally different tweet choice choices, however you possibly can really use them together. With TweetDelete, you possibly can choose a selected time (tweets older than three months, for instance) after which kind in a phrase/phrase. This may delete all of the tweets made inside that interval that include the enter phrase or phrase. You are able to do this on TweetDeleter, as nicely.
There are premium and free variations of each companies. One of many key variations between the free and paid subscription is what number of Tweets you possibly can delete. Free members can delete the usual 3,200 Tweets. We are saying ‘commonplace’ as a result of Twitter will archive older Tweets over 3,200. If you wish to delete greater than that, you’ll need the paid subscription and the flexibility to add your Twitter archives.
Each of those apps let you arrange auto delete choices. On TweetDelete, you possibly can set any type of custom-made deletion to happen as soon as or routinely each few days. TweetDeleter permits you to automate deletion for tweets older than the variety of days you select. It additionally permits you to solely maintain the newest choose variety of tweets.
Listed below are the solutions to extra of your questions on Twitter.
1. Are they honestly gone eternally after I delete them? Can I get them again?
You may get deleted Tweets out of your Twitter archive. Go to your Twitter account and navigate to Extra within the left-hand panel. Now, choose Settings and privateness. Discover the Your Twitter knowledge entry and click on it. Sign up by utilizing your Twitter credentials. Choose Request archive subsequent to the Twitter entry. It might take a while in your archive to be authorized. Oh, and keep in mind that you simply’re solely allowed to make this request as soon as each 30 days.
2. What number of tweets are you able to delete a day?
There’s a restrict right here, as nicely. It’s not set by Twitter, as you possibly can manually delete as many tweets per day as you possibly can. Nevertheless, the third-party apps that we’ve talked about do include limits. For example, for $5.99 per thirty days, TweetDeleter permits you to delete as many as 3,000 tweets per day.
3. What occurs to retweets after I delete the unique?
If you happen to’ve Tweeted one thing that others take pleasure in, they could retweet (share) it. Happily, whenever you delete a Tweet, it disappears for everybody on the platform, together with the retweets.
4. Can I take away all Likes?
Sure! The third-party companies we’ve talked about above does supply customers the choice to take away all of their likes that they’ve utilized to different Tweets. Sadly, it is not going to take away the likes by yourself Tweets.
Deleting All Tweets
Utilizing third-party apps, you possibly can delete all of your tweets. It’s finest for those who method this on a pc, however cell/pill alternate options additionally exist. Nevertheless, the aforementioned companies supply a lot greater than outright deleting each tweet that you simply’ve posted. You may really customise your deletion.
Have you ever managed to do what you needed to do utilizing the above companies? Did you run into any issues? Have you learnt of any higher alternate options? Tell us within the feedback under, and be at liberty so as to add your opinion.